Objectives of AER
The objectives of the ASEAN Register are as follows:
- To provide a complete data of practicing engineers within ASEAN with the ultimate purpose of facilitating their mobility within the ASEAN ambit and to establish a framework of mutual recognition of qualifications in order to allow engineers who wish to practice outside their home country to carry with them a guarantee of ability.
- To provide sufficient data regarding the formation of individual engineers for the benefit of prospective employers.
- To encourage a continuous updating on the quality of engineers by setting, monitoring and reviewing standards.
- To promote cultural and professional links among members of the engineering profession within ASEAN.
- To enhance the wealth creation process of ASEAN Countries.